Wonder how to stay out the Gmail promotions tab with Sendinblue? ...
Wonder how to create interactive emails? Let us tell you all about it.
Interactive emails are a powerful tool for engaging and retaining customers. They allow you to deliver personalized, interactive experiences directly to your subscribers’ inboxes, which can lead to higher conversion rates and customer loyalty. In this article, we will explore the different ways you can create interactive emails and provide tips and best practices for getting started.
What are interactive emails?
Interactive emails are emails that allow the recipient to take some kind of action within the email itself. This can include things like filling out a form, answering a survey, or clicking on a call-to-action button. Interactive emails can also include hover effects, animations, and other interactive elements that make the email more engaging and immersive.
Benefits of interactive emails
There are several benefits to using interactive emails in your marketing campaigns:
- Increased engagement: Interactive emails are more engaging than static emails because they allow the recipient to interact with the content in some way. This can lead to higher open and click-through rates, as well as increased customer loyalty.
- Personalization: Interactive emails can be personalized to the individual recipient, which can make them feel more relevant and valuable to the customer. This can lead to increased conversions and sales.
- Measurable results: Interactive emails allow you to track and measure the results of your campaigns in real-time, so you can see what works and what doesn’t. This can help you optimize your campaigns and improve their effectiveness over time.
Types of interactive emails
There are several types of interactive emails and email content you can create, including:
- Surveys: Surveys allow you to gather feedback from your customers and learn more about their preferences and needs. You can include a survey in your email and ask the recipient to fill it out directly within the email.
- Forms: Forms allow you to collect information from your customers, such as their name, email address, and phone number.
- Accordion content: Accordion content allows you to include a lot of information in your email without overwhelming the recipient. You can include an accordion in your email and allow the recipient to expand and collapse different sections of content as needed.
- Gamification: Gamification allows you to turn your email into a game, which can be a fun and engaging way to deliver your message. You can include a game in your email so the recipient can play it directly within the email.
- Sliders: Sliders allow the recipient to browse through a series of images or content by sliding their finger or mouse across the screen. This can be a great way to showcase products or other visual content in a more engaging way.
- Carousels: Similar to sliders, carousels enable the user to look through a collection of pictures or content by clicking on arrows or dots to navigate through the different slides.
- Tabs: Tabs allow the recipient to access different sections of content within the email by clicking on tabs at the top of the email. This can be a useful way to organize and present a lot of information in a more digestible way.
- Image hotspots: Image hotspots allow the recipient to click on specific areas of an image to access more information or take a specific action. This can be a great way to deliver more information or calls-to-action within a single image.
- Countdown timers: Countdown timers create a sense of urgency by counting down to a specific event or deadline. This can be an effective way to encourage the recipient to take action before the timer runs out.
Tips for creating interactive emails
Here are some tips on how to create interactive emails that will engage and retain your customers:
- Keep it simple: Don’t try to include too many interactive elements in your email. Keep it simple and focused on one or two main actions you want the recipient to take.
- Test, test, test: Always test your interactive emails before sending them out to ensure they work as intended. This includes testing on different devices and email clients to make sure the email looks and functions as expected.
- Use a mobile-friendly design: Most people read their emails on their phones, so it’s important to make sure your interactive emails are mobile-friendly. This includes using a responsive design and keeping the email concise and easy to read on a small screen.
- Follow email design best practices: In addition to making your email mobile-friendly, be sure to follow email design best practices such as using a clear and concise subject line, using bullet points or numbered lists to break up content, and including a clear call-to-action.
Best practices for getting started
- Start small: If you’re new to interactive emails, start by including just one or two interactive elements in your emails and gradually build up from there.
- Use email marketing software: There are many email marketing software platforms that allow you to easily create and send interactive emails. These platforms often have templates and tools that make it easy to get started, even if you don’t have a lot of technical expertise.
- Segment your list: Segmenting your email list allows you to send more targeted and relevant emails to your subscribers. This can be especially important when using interactive emails, as you can tailor the interactive elements to the specific interests and needs of different segments of your list.
- Analyze and optimize: Use the data and analytics provided by your email marketing software to track the results of your interactive emails and optimize them over time. Look at metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversions to see what’s working and what’s not, and make adjustments accordingly.
Interactive emails are a powerful way to engage and retain your customers. By including interactive elements in your emails, you can deliver personalized and immersive experiences that will keep your subscribers coming back for more. Follow the tips and best practices outlined in this article to get started with interactive emails and start seeing the benefits for your business. Now you know how to create interactive emails.